Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Mardi Gras on Franklin Street


Tonight me and a friend from my life prior to the Kenan-Flagler program went out to Franklin Street for the biggest Halloween party in North Carolina. An entire stretch of Franklin was shut down to vehicular traffic and filled with revelers dressed in the most creative costumes I have ever seen. I saw guys dressed up as Bill Clinton, girls dressed up as bumblebees, Dick Cheney, a giant penis, George W. Bush (if I have more time I would insert a very funny joke here linking the last three items), women in short skirts, the camera crew from Girls Gone Wild, an iPod, Hare Krishna followers parading down Franklin Street (oh wait … I think they were actual Hare Krishna followers), women in extremely short skirts, Adam and Eve.


I went as Uncle Sam and my friend went as (one of many) Johnny Cash. After tonight’s Halloween party I can finally say I have seen everything.


Update: Here is the link to the newspaper article in the Daily Tar Heel about the party.

No comments: