Thursday, May 24, 2007

Buckyhoo-HD

I apologize to all my readers who have refreshed the page this week and were disappointed to find no new post from me. After the meetings on Friday at the internet company (which I will blog about more next week when I return to Chapel Hill), I hightailed out of Atlanta and drove up to New York for a former co-worker’s wedding on Sunday. After the wedding, I drove down to my parents’ house where I have been ever since.


My parents got a new high definition television that I have been watching non-stop. I am amazed at how much clearer everything looks. Monday’s episode of 24 was spectacular because for the first time, I could finally see Jack Bauer in action on high definition. I will say, however, that this year’s show should have been rename 23:40 because the last 20 minutes were a total waste of bandwidth (for those receiving the show on cable) and FCC spectrum (for those receiving via antenna or satellite dish). After Jack had saved the day once again and showed up in Heller’s living room, I was expecting another plot twist. But instead of seeing Heller turn into a space alien, he just sat there and witnessed Jack’s mid life crisis.




Last night’s season finale of Lost was the exact opposite of 24, a total stunner. When I (oh by the way, if you haven’t seen it yet, this may be a good point to stop reading) saw the last “flashback” and saw the maps of Pacific Ocean on Jacks’ desk, I immediately realized it was not a flashback but a flashforward. I am guessing that next season will take place with the flashforward as the present and the flashback will be of the group on the island.


One thing about high definition is that contrary to what most think, it doesn’t make everyone look better. Rather, it only accentuates the characteristics you already know is there. I was watching the View on Tuesday and Elisabeth Hasselbeck looks like a real cutie. Meanwhile, Rosie O’Donnell still comes across like a ……

No comments: