Monday, December 8, 2008

Good Morning Vietnam

Local Ho Chin Minh City time Tuesday 8:01am



I can’t believe it took me so many days in Vietnam for me to come up with the most obvious title to this blog posting. It’s similar to this morning when I went to the hotel gym for the third morning in a row and finally found the remote control so I can turn up the volume and hear what they are saying on MTV Asia. I found it just in time for me to check out this afternoon and return to Hong Kong.

Visitors to Vietnam are quite fascinated by the traffic in Vietnam. There are armies after armies of motorcycles. The city is laid out very similarly to Washington DC with many traffic circles. Interestingly, both cities' road networks are designed by the French.



One USD is equal to 16,000 VND and the Vietnamese currency is quite volatiles. Often times souvenir sellers and shops prefer to be paid in either HKD or USD. I suspect this is partly because Vietnamese people prefer to put their money at home rather than in banks.



I will blog at you later this week from Hong Kong

No comments: