Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wall Street Journal looking to hire a proofreader

The Wall Street Journal is looking to hire a proofreader. How do I know this? Not becuase I have seen the job posting anywhere but because the quality of the writing is becoming less and less refined.

 

Today’s Wall Street Journal has an article by Yukari Iwatani Kane and Christopher Lawton about the expected continued growth in the sales of television sets.

 

“Looking for a new TV for his girlfriend at a San Francisco Best Buy yesterday, Bill Hightower, a 57-year-old pharmacist, said the countries recent economic woes hadn't trumped the desire to buy.”

 

The error can be found in both the paper version and the online version. I have found so many such errors in the major American newspapers that I read that I am considering logging all of them on this blog as part of a series.

No comments: