Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Chance encounter at the library

I was at the Undergraduate Library yesterday when I noticed a man sitting at the next table. He looked similar to a grad student I knew at UVA. I was pretty certain it wasn’t him but decided to do an internet search on the grad student just to be sure.

 

Google gave me very little useful information but a search on Hoosonline gave me an updated photo and a recent submission he had sent to Class Notes. Turns out he graduated this past May from the UNC School of Law and is now teaching at a private college nearby. So I figured it had to be him and went over to say hello. He told me that after receiving his PhD from UVA he chose to go to lawschool as a result of a mid life crisis.

 

If I ever find myself having my mid life crisis, hopefully I will respond by doing something other than spending three years and $45,000 - $90,000 (depending on whether this student received in or out of state tuition) on going to law school.

No comments: