Monday, July 2, 2007

A case of mistaken identity

I get mistaken all the time for someone whom people seem to think they have seen or met elsewhere. At the church that I go to, there is an area where people gather in between services to drink coffee, socialize, and enjoy fellowship. Since I don’t drink coffee, whenever I go there I line up to get the lemonade and occasionally get dirty looks from kids who look at me and wonder just what’s wrong with me that I don’t drink the “adult beverage” and have to compete with them instead for lemonade.

 

After the service yesterday, as I was filling my plastic cup with lemonade, a woman came up to me and said the following:

 

“You look really familiar. Did you used to help out with Sunday school here before leaving to go to Iraq?”

 

I will leave it up to my readers to decide for themselves whether they have an easier time imaging me packing heat and shooting insurgents or in a church classroom surrounded by ten year olds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've been reading your blog for a little while now and I'm really enjoying it - good insight.  A few fellow business school students and I just started a site called bschoolers.com, which is an "open" community blog by, and for, the business school community.  We'd be really interested in having you contribute postings and join the community.  Check out the site and definitely sign up for an account so you can start posting.  Hopefully it can start to be a universally useful resource for b-schoolers.

Also We'll be adding a link to your site, as a useful resource, and we'd certainly love a reciprocal link.

Best,

Eli