Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Incredible India



It’s Wednesday morning in Delhi and our group has been here a little bit more than two and a half days. And what an exciting two days and a half it’s been. We visited a couple of attractions such as Humayan’s Tomb, Akshardam Temple (Hindu), and one of the biggest Islamic mosque in Delhi.


The group that came on this trip last year told us that everyone of us will eventually get traveler’s diarrhea. To make the situation more interesting, we formed a betting pool on who among the twenty five of us will be the first and the last to get diarrhea, with money divided among the people who correctly guess the “first down” and the “last standing.” Over lunch on Monday I found out that I, along with another student, am tied for having the most number of participants (five) picked as “first down.” I became even more concerned when I found out that one of those who picked me as ‘first down” was my professor. Someone in the group said “don’t worry, it won’t affect your grade.”

No comments: