Friday, May 5, 2006

One last trip to Franklin Street



The integrative exercise ended up taking much more time but was more enjoyable than I had expected. Our team used Windows Media Player to produce a two minute ad emphasizing the major selling points of Kenan-Flagler to recruiters. In the afternoon we had a trade show on the first floor of McColl where each team displayed the advertising campaign it had created. Some teams had videos, others had pamphlets, while some created magazine ads. When the ordeal ended, we had a social outside Koury Auditorium and at the plaza celebrating both Cinco de Mayo and the end of our first year.


Last night I did something which went against what I would normally do. After having spent 12 hours in school working on the integrative exercise, instead of spending the night packing for India, catching up on sleep, or send out resumes, I went out to having spent 12 hours in school working on the integrative exercise, Franklin Street. At one of the regular Kenan-Flagler hangouts, I saw very few of my classmates but I ran into the undergrad girl from last Thursday (not to be mistaken with the BSBA cutie from Friday). We ended up going to Carolina Coffee Shop where we watched the remainder of the LA Lakers game. It’s just too bad she is graduating because I just found out from our conversation last week that she’s a Christian. But I am glad I went out and had the chance to spend some time with her before she closed the chapter on what may be the best four years of her life.

No comments: