Friday, May 11, 2007

"All the best,"



There is something that I have been planning to do since more than a year ago but have not gotten around to it until last night. I began writing thank you cards to some of the people who have helped me out over the past two years. Over the past year I have been compiling a mental list of people whom I wish to express my gratitude to for where I am today. This list is made up mostly of fellow second years, two professors from UVA, and maybe a couple of professors from Kenan-Flagler.


Fans of this blog probably already know that I like to express myself verbally. What they may not know is that I have always been a big fan of handwritten correspondence. I think this age of email, instant messages, and blogs has given mankind something of great convenience but at the same time, something valuable is lost when everything is typed into a standard keyboard and read over an impersonal electronic screen.


Unfortunately in the little time I have until my parents arrive tomorrow for graduation weekend I won’t be able to write to as many people as I wish to. I only hope that between students moving out of their Chapel Hill domiciles and some of these cards being sent to their parents’ addresses (because in some cases, I have to rely on the Kenan-Flagler alumni database for addresses and many of these addresses are the students' "permanent addresses"), it won’t be too long before these cards get read.

No comments: