Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Daring to be bold

On The Apprentice L.A. last night (yes, I know the show came out on Sunday but I didn’t get to watch it until last night), I couldn’t help noticing that the team that lost kept arguing about two things; pricing and sales.  It just happens that these are two of the classes I have decided to keep for this Mod. The other class that I also decided to keep is entrepreneurial marketing, which is about how to market a product when you have a budget of under $100,000.

 

I still have not decided on what to do with the three other classes. They are financial deals, strategic innovation, and decisions, tools, and data. I have, however, decided to drop no more than one. I am tempted to get creative and maybe strike a deal with a professor where I will drop the class but will continue to attend and do the reading and get cold called just like anyone else in the class. The benefit to this is that I would have the benefit of learning the material but also the option of missing class in the event I get significantly behind on any of the other classes that I am actually on the hook for.

 

At around 8:30 tonight I am going to take a break from what I am doing and walk five minutes from McColl to the Dean E. Smith Center and watch the Virginia Cavaliers take on the number one basketball team in the country all decked out in my Virginia gear. Earlier this afternoon when I was at the lunch line a first year student saw the Virginia sweatshirt that I am wearing and commented “that’s a bold shirt you’re wearing.”

 

Wait until he sees me tonight.

No comments: