Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Bob Grant to retire from radio



"After an on-air career that spanned more than 50-years and made him one of the most influential voices in political media, talk radio giant Bob Grant is leaving WOR Radio in New York." - NewMax.com article

This means nothing to about 99.9% of my regular readers but I just learned thirty minutes ago that the man I grew up listening to on the radio, Bob Grant, will do his last radio show January 13th. I dare say there is no one alive today (other than Jesus Christ) who has influenced me more than the man often referred to as “the King of Talk Radio.” In the past couple of years, I have not listened to him as much as I did when I was young but I still tune in to him (either on the Internets or in the winter time when the AM radio signal travels much further after the sun goes down) as often as I get.


I will blog more about this in a subsequent post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your posting today created a conversation with my wife and I.  After reading you post I said, well now that is stupid, How can Bob Grant and Jesus have more influence than anyone living today when Jesus is dead.  My wife said Jesus isn't dead, he is alive in our hearts.  I said, "Jesus died for our sins, therefore not alive."  My wife moved away from me fearing lightning strikes.  She then said, Jesus died but was resurrected, therefore he is alive.  I conceeded defeat immediately.

I know this posting was about some radio guy that I have never heard of, but I thought you might find it interesting that it did create a discussion.