Thursday, December 22, 2005

“Previously, on the West Wing”



After my operations final on Saturday, I had the chance to catch up on the latest episode of the West Wing. Even though the show is not nearly as good as it was before, I am still a fan and it’s the only show my VCR is programmed to tape regularly. The episode was particularly memorable because less than 24 hours ago, John Spencer had passed away.


There was one line from the show I really liked. It came from John Spencer’s character, who was running for Vice President of the United States, talking to his campaign manager Josh Lyman. The campaign was not going as expected and Josh was about to be fired for having made a string of bad decisions.


“These are tough calls, it's impossible to know how they are going to turn out, what’s important is how you respond when you get it wrong, how you react, what your next move is.”

No comments: