Monday, September 18, 2006

Fixed Income gets ugly


Sometime between a week ago today when I handed in my last assignment for fixed income and today when I found myself completely lost (only in a secular sense) in the middle of class, the knives came out in my fixed income class. At first I thought the class was going to be mostly about discounted cash flows and the material was going to be hard but doable. But now I find myself staring at page after page of equations about duration and convexity and hoping that everyone else is just as lost as I am. The good news is that on Wednesday we start a new topic on swaps and I am hoping that topic does not build upon what we did in the past three sessions.


When we fill out our end of Mod evaluation I am going to suggest that the class be renamed complex deal.


No comments: