Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Entering second round

I am blogging from lobby of the Hyatt Hotel inside the Orlando International Airport (MCO). Today's interviews went well, I met with six people from different functions in the company I may potentially be interning for this summer. It seems like a great place to work with excellent fringe benefits such as 25% discount on meals at various restaurants. One particular interviewer asked me to name my favorite James Bond villain. This led to a discussion on various villains over the years and me telling the story behind the title Never Say Never Again.

 

One concern is I am not sure whether I want to live in Orlando. I was telling a classmate earlier (who is also here for an interview) that I want to live in a city that has the characteristics of both a “pick up place” for singles as well as a family place where I can raise a family. I am not sure if I see either one of these characteristics in Orlando. But I have to admit I know very little about this city.

 

An interesting bit of trivia about the airport I am in. Its FAA designation, MCO, comes from the original name of this airport, which was McCoy Airforce Base.

No comments: