Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Greetings from Orlando

Originally the itinerary called for me to drive to Charlotte and fly from there to Orlando. When I pointed out to the HR personnel that Charlotte is more than two hours away, a last minute change was made that put me on a flight out of Raleigh. I noticed on the ticket stub that the ticket cost the company $700.

 

The flight from Raleigh was delayed by more than an hour. By the time we landed I was tired and hungry. Tomorrow I have an all day interview with the finance division of a restaurant company.

 

I have a friend who used to live in Virginia and now lives nearby in Florida. She came by and we went out to get something to eat. Within a seven mile radius of the hotel, there are three restaurants owned by the company I am interviewing with. Unfortunately it was 10 o’clock and they were all closed. We ended up going to a restaurant owned by a competitor. I guess this is one meal I won't be expensing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come On.  Dont be a sally.  Expense the meal.  If they cared that much, they would have brought in some Lobster for our lunch and not Panera (At least that is what I had).  Good luck and go hoos on Wednesday.