Saturday, November 5, 2005

"We" beat Boston College

Greetings from my favorite state in the Union. I drove up from Chapel Hill this morning to attend a friend's wedding in the City of Alexandria. This was my first visit to Virginia since I started my MBA program. On my way I stopped by a gas station south of Richmond where I paid $2.16 for a gallon of gas.

I got to my destination ahead of time and had the chance to drive around to check out my old stumping grounds. I stopped by a consignment store at the corner of Pershing and Washington in Arlington County that I used to frequent. I used to stop by periodically to look at the collection of political buttons that a local dealer/collector would drop off to sell. I found three very nice buttons that would go well with my collection. As I was paying for them at the counter, the proprietor mentoined that I have not been back in a while. I then told her that I moved back in August and I was back for a wedidng today. She said she was touched that I made the point to stop by.

The wedding was beautiful. I sat at the reception with a group of students that graduated from a school we politely refer to as the Virginia Polytechnic Institute. They were on the phone every five minutes to get the score of the Virignia Tech/ Miami game. We talked about a couple of the ACC football games that have taken place in the past month such as Virginia beating Florida State only to be defeated by Carolina. I then said "and we beat Boston College today."

No comments: