Thursday, November 3, 2005

The fleecing of Carolina

The folks at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina sent me a nice letter earlier this week informing me that starting January 1, 2006 my health insurance monthly rate will be $104.  Since the letter made no reference of what the current rate is, I had to go look it up to find out that the current rate is $93.

I hear so often companies justifying their rate increases by saying that they are simply passing on the higher cost onto their consumers. It's just too bad there is no one else I can pass along my higher costs to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday's Washington Post had a timely article about how Americans pay more for health care (compared to others) and get less in return.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/03/AR2005110301143.html