Friday, November 11, 2005

I have died and gone to heaven

But only in a secular sense.

 

Earlier tonight I had the opportunity to do something I never had the chance to do when I was at UVA, something I thought I had forever passed up the opportunity to ever experience.

 

I attended a sorority mixer. Let me pause while that information sinks in.


It was a mixer between Kenan-Flagler and Pi Beta Phi. I showed up near midnight and noticed right away that the guy-girl ratio was quite generous (at least from my perspective). At first, I felt a bit intimidated. I usually have no trouble striking up conversations with girls but not when they are so much younger than me. But after a couple of words of encouragement from my classmates, I walked up two girls and introduced myself. I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly they were. I ended up talking to many more girls than I had expected, I would be in a conversation with a couple of them and another one would walk by and the would introduce us.

 

I guess maybe it is true what they say about Carolina girls.

No comments: