Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Fulfilling my constitutional obligation

After class this afternoon, I did my part to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. I voted.

 

I blogged about a month ago that I had received my voter registration card in the mail. What I didn’t tell you was that the following Tuesday I went to vote in the local primary and was almost turned away. Because I had registered so recently, my name was not on the official book printed by the Board of Elections. Fortunately, I had my voter registration card with me and was able to cast a provisional ballot.

 

When I went to vote today, my name was on the book and the process was much smoother. But since I have no idea who any of the candidates are, I simply wrote in my name for each position on the ballot.

No comments: