Thursday, March 22, 2007

Being at the right place at the right time



Earlier today I was making the 2 minute trek from Lenoir to Davis Undergrad Library and I was about ten steps from the library when I saw, sitting on a bench right in front of me, none other than Apprentice contestant Kwame Jackson. He was talking to a couple of ladies and after they left he stood up and I approached him to introduced myself. I told him I am in the MBA program and he said he graduated from the BSBA (undergraduate) program there. I am really glad I ran into him because the first season of The Apprentice was my favorite and the show has gone downhill in the seasons since.


My timing was not nearly as fortunate, however, later this evening when I went jogging. I ran by the well and noticed a satellite television truck parked on the sidewalk. I got closer and saw a camera crew from ABC News packing up. One of the cameramen told me that just moments ago they did a live report on World News about the Elizabeth Edwards cancer story. As I jogged away, I couldn’t help thinking that if only I had jogged a little faster I would have gotten there in time to see the live feed. But I guess you can’t win them all.

No comments: