Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Dodged the bullet on that one

Last week I was offered an interview slot at the Southeastern MBA Schools Interview Forum in Atlanta. The interview was for a general management rotation program in a retail store. I had until Friday to decide whether to sign up for an interview or not and eventually decided not to do it because I didn’t think it was a good idea to spend my own money to travel to Atlanta and to spend the time required to prepare for an interview for a position that is no tin the area that I am looking for.

 

Two hours ago an email went out saying that that particular company has decided to cancel its participation in the interview forum because of “scheduling conflicts and unclear personnel needs.”

 

Now if I had signed up for the interview and made reservations for Friday, I would really be pissed. I might even be tempted to recoup my losses by perhaps shorting the company’s stock. Shorting the stock would not be such a bad idea .... go ahead ... "you can do it, we can help."

No comments: