Thursday, March 1, 2007

Quality time well spent

I just got out of my data, decisions, and tools exam. Since it was open book, I didn’t study too hard for it. Originally I was going to spend the morning at McColl and have lunch dining on the fabulous food at Café McColl. But instead I ended up going with a classmate to Penang’s on West Franklin Street.

 

The exam was pretty much what I had expected, I am glad I didn’t spend too much time on it. I suspect that if I start working on my final exam assignment for entrepreneurial marketing class, I can get enough work done so that when 7pm comes around I can go over to Sunset Grill in Durham and watch the UVA versus Virginia Tech game with the UVA alumni club.

 

Hopefully I will get the chance to do that. And if the situation permits, I want to propose a toast to one of the greatest New Deal historians of my lifetime – Arthur M. Schlesinger died last night. I remember in high school running out to Waldenbooks to buy a copy of The Disuniting of America, a great essay on why he prefers the melting pot concept over the multiculturalism approach to diversity.

No comments: