Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Oops I did it again

Why do I keep doing this? Even though I know there are certain things I should not do just yet, I keep allowing myself to be seduced by temptation and lured into falling off the wagon.


This past weekend I was looking at the web site for next Friday’s Southeastern MBA Schools Interview Forum in Atlanta. I saw a job posting for the rotational management program of a retail store based in Atlanta and before one could say “you can do it, we can help,” I sent out a cover letter and resume. I learned today that I have been offered an interview.


The interview poses several dilemmas. By accepting it, I’d have to travel to Atlanta next Friday at my own expense. And by going to Atlanta, I’d be missing my global supply chain management class next Friday. Since the class meets for an entire day only three times this Mod, I’d be missing one third of the class and may have to possibly drop it.


But the biggest dilemma is just what was I doing applying to a job that is not in the field that I really want to work for. I thought I have already decided that I am not going to apply to a job unless it is in the technology field. I guess since we are about 7 weeks out until graduation, I am getting a bit anxious about my “I don’t have a job” status and it doesn't help that second year students are being constantly bombarded with information from the Career Management Center about the latest employment statistics. I really need to remind myself that I should not going settle for a job unless it is something I really want.




Just out of curiosity, I emailed the supply chainmanagement professor asking him what would happen if I were to miss one class. His response was that I’d be okay as long as I submitted all the reportsand assignments. Since this is the same professor who taught the doing business in India class, I am wondering if maybe his response was a subtle reminder that I have still yet to hand in my final paper for the class and therefore the IN (incomplete) he gave me has still yet to be changed into something more respectable.

No comments: