Thursday, February 1, 2007

Let it snow!



There was about a dusting on the ground this morning as I made my way to Kenan-Flagler. It dawned on me that during my time at UNC, I have yet to see any significant snowfall or experience any type of adverse weather condition here. I remember hearing someone say that a couple of years ago we had a hurricane that led to a massive blackout and faculty members brought their family members into McColl where the electricity was running thanks to a backup generator.



I was hoping that classes would be canceled today. I can use some time off to do some preparation for my phone interview. I am also beginning to feel behind in at least one of my six classes. But the good part about not having class canceled was I got to hear the guest speaker in our sales class this morning. He is a Kenan-Flagler (undergrad) and Harvard Business School alum who is a vice president at a major financial firm where he leads the firm’s private wealth management efforts for North America.



It snowed this morning and is continuing to snow right now. Later today the snow is expected to turn into rain and sleet and the afternoon commute will get significantly trickier. Just now, I ran into a professor in the hallway and he asked if I have noticed any significant absences in my morning classes and expressed concern there may not be too many students attending his afternoon class. He said there is still a chance the university will cancel classes to send everyone home early.



That would be fantastic. I can get an early start to my weekend and try to put together a semi-respectable costume for the Eighties Party tonight at Players.

No comments: