Thursday, February 15, 2007

The new justification for higher education

I came across this about an hour ago while watching a story on the CNN web page. It’s about a dating service in New York that matches wealthy men with attractive women. Interested men have to submit bank statements demonstrating their salaries and net worth while women applicants have to merely submit a picture.

 

When I went to the service’s web site and played the video, a crowd of classmates started gathering around me. So I figure I might as well put it up here so you can all have a look at it. At UVA, the bookstore used to sell a poster with a picture of an oceanfront mansion with a garage filled with luxury sports cars under the title “justification for higher education.” I used to laugh everytime I saw that poster but I can think something like this might be more effective as a motivator.

 

(I am unable to embed the video, so I am going to post the links instead)

 

Natural Selection I

Natural Selection II

No comments: