Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Playing hooky

I saw on this morning’s Daily Tar Heel that C-SPAN’s Road to the White House tour bus was paying a visit to UNC today. During the ten minutes between the end of my data tools, and decision class and the beginning of my financing deals class, I ran to the garage and drove to the student union building where I parked illegally behind the bus and spent five minutes talking to a producer of my favorite television program. He said his team wasn’t in town to cover any event in particular but to educate viewers and potential viewers about the network’s election coverage. I jokingly suggested that he should drive over to Old Greensboro Road and shoot footage of John Edwards’ new mansion which I said looks like the Southfork Ranch from the TV show Dallas. I got to see the “living room” in the back where Presidents Clinton and Bush have been interviewed and left with a Road to the White House t-shirt.




On my way back to McColl, I saw a different tour bus parked in front of the Dean Smith Center, one that I am not as thrilled out. I will post the picture so that McCoy can get all giddy over it.



I managed to get back in time to have missed only the first ten minutes of my financing deals class. And from looking at the slides that the professor handed out, looks like I hadn’t missed much.

No comments: