Saturday, October 8, 2005

Farewell to Leading and Managing

A whole fifteen percent of my final grade was determined this morning for Leading and Managing.  Leading and Managing focuses on teaching the soft skills that aren't traditionaly taught, such as bringing about change, team building, and managing decision making. A lot of students (myself included) consider it a giant waste of time and one of my other professors consistently gets the biggest laughs when he makes fun of the class. But I have been told by other students that it's the most important class taught in Mod I because it teaches you the soft skills that you will need over and over again regardless of what field you go into.

The final was a hassel. Every other final is open book, open notes, and open laptops. But for this one, we are only allowed to bring in a 4 x 6 index card (both sides) with our notes on it. I managed to do okay on the exam with a minimal amount of bleeding and damaging.

No comments: