Saturday, October 29, 2005

Turning once again to Ebay

This past week I once again was asked to shell out major bucks for something I don't particularly care for, something that will go unused, and will become completely obsolete after about seven weeks or so.

I had to buy textbooks.

I tried to be smart this time by not buying any of the optional ones. I figured since I don't even do all the required work, I am not going to do any optional work! I found a couple of deals on Ebay. The local bookstore sells used copies of the marketing textbook used for $105. I got a copy (a softcover internaional edition) on Ebay for $35 (all Ebay prices include shipping). For operations, there is a novel we have to read that the store sells used for around $15, some enterprising second years are hawking theirs for $10, I got mine on Ebay for $4.25. Unfortunately I was unable to replicate my success with our strategery class. The textbook for which is a brand new fifth edition that sells for $57 and second years are pricing their used fourth editions for $35. I figured I may as well buy the new one since we used this text for another class down the line.

Watch me next year as I try to sell some of these books to the next first year class at prices higher than what I bought them for! ;)

No comments: