Thursday, August 25, 2005

Brian Williams and I

I found out today that NBC anchorman Brian Williams and I share one thing in common, we have the same therapist. There was an article in the New York Times today about Williams' entrance into the blogosphere with the "The Daily Nightly," a blog written by Williams and his staff that inform readers about some of the "off camera" happenings and decisions behind NBC Nightly News.

""I said to my wife," he added, " 'I don't have a therapist. I have my blog.' ""  Williams managed to to very succinctly identify what I consider the most compelling reason ordinary folks like myself decide to start blogging. We do it for theraputic reasons and use our blogs as an outlet to air some our thoughts (at least the publishable ones) that even some of our friends don't know about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think a lot of people (Brian Williams included) who have blogs are ego-maniacs who think people give an S about what they have to say about their views on inconsequential happenings in the world.  I think the vast majority of these blogs are an incredible waste of bandwidth and such resources would be better spent on giving free storage space to internet users for email and such.  Of course, your blog doesn't fall into this category, since you write about such relevant topics as the return of the 30-year bond and the going-ons at your favorite bar.

Anonymous said...

cheapambi is my hero