Saturday, August 13, 2005

No more Kinko's

I am still having trouble getting over the fact that I spent $30 at Kinko's on Wednesday night to receive a 15 page fax from my realtor and to fax back my response. Kinko's charges a dollar per page to receive and a dollar fifty per page to send. The pricing structure makes business sense because it lures you into the store with a low price to receive the fax, and once you're there you're more likely to use their fax machine to send.

The good news is I found out later that the business center at Alta Springs (my rental community) has a fax machine that I can use for free. The only cost associated is charging my call to a calling card when I have to fax long distance. Three cents per minute on my AT&T PrePaid Phone Card certainly beats a dollar fifty per page anytime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't read into the pricing structure so much.  I think the vast majority of people go in there needing to send a fax than receive one, so Kinko's simply gouges them.  You should look into getting a fax machine in your apartment, or use the facilities at your school.