Tuesday, August 9, 2005

One very happy ending



A week ago tonight we had a happy hour at a bar name Carpool. I chose Carpool because seven years ago when I moved here (I really don't know why I used the word "here" since I moved last Thursday and am now at Chapel Hill) from college, Carpool was where I hung out that very first night.

The happy hour was awesome, I was there for four hours. I was about to leave at around 10 when a last minute straggler came in and I stayed for an extra half an hour just to talk to him. I didn't keep count of how many people showed up, but I was touched at how many did.

One person that showed up was a girl I have known for about six years, she graduated from UVA but we didn't know one another there. She is an attractive girl but for all the years that I have known, she's had trouble meeting guys - actually, to phrase it more accurately, she's had trouble meeting the right guy. I was glad she showed up because I have not seen her in quite a while. She was one of the first to arrive and we talked about my upcoming semester, she asked me about my exam schedule. She then asked "do you notice anything on my finger?" That was when she told me she's been dating someone she met recently and they're engaged to be married in November!

I cannot tell you how glad I was to hear that. She's an amazing Christian girl and I have prayed (just as I am sure she has) for what seems like forever that God would find someone for her. And from what she has told me about this man, a graduate of the United States Naval Academy who now owns his own business, it sounds like He matched her up with someone who's almost perfect for her.

As I was walking her out into the parking lot, I asked her "so tell me, was it worth the wait?" Her reponse was "it certainly was."

No comments: