Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Double anniversary

Because I am the nostalgic type, I tend to remember dates and anniveraries pretty well. A few months ago I sent out an email telling some people that day was the 20th anniversary of my family arriving in America. Someone replied asking "how do you remember these things?"  

Seven years ago today I began my first job out of college at a telecom firm. And four years ago today was my last day at that same company. They have a 401k vesting schedule where employees are vested 100% on their three year anniversary, not a day sooner. Since I don't believe in leaving any money on the table, I purposely worked right up until that day to vest. Tom, the boss who hired me at my current job, made me an offer and was nice enough to wait five out the weeks for me to start. (Thanks Tom!)

No comments: