Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Sunday recap


Sunday was nice and relaxing, a great opportunity for me to work all the alcohol out of my system and for my body to relax after Saturday. I had lunch with someone from the wedding, went back to the hotel pool where we joined the newly married couple for more drinking (I only had water). I then bid goodbye to the happy couple before going on to explore other parts of Key West.

I had my picture taken at the Southermost Point in the United States of America. I continued to explore downtown Key West (near where the Sloppy Joe's Bar was the night before). I bought a magnet with a picture of Sloppy Joe's Bar. A Carnival cruise ship docked that morning and a lot of its passengers were out exploring the island. I then went to the Harry S. Truman Little White House, this was part of a naval base in the late '40s where the President would come to relax, it's his version of the Crawford Ranch. I walked by Jimmy Buffett's Margarittaville and visited the beginning (Mile 0) of Route 1 (see picture above) before getting dinner and retiring into my hotel for the evening.

No comments: