Monday, June 20, 2005

Friday/Saturday Recap


This was one awesome vacation. Not sure if the reason was because I was in a celebratory mood for having quit my job or if it was because a good friend of mine got married.

Friday was a bit of a waste. My plane landed at Miami at around noon, during landing, it flew directly over South Beach, giving me a chance to check out the strip from 400 feet in the air. It rained almost the entire time I was at SoBe and at certain times, it poured. I walked around SoBe, checked out the shops, the very pricey restaurants, and the deserted beaches before getting back into my rental car and driving up to Fort Lauderdale. In retrospect, I should have driven straight to Key West that day instead of spending it at SoBe.

Saturday, in comparison, was awesome. I drove out to Key West early in the morning. The scenary was amazing. The picture above was taken by my PDA around 8am off Route 1. Route 1 is the road that begins at Key West and leads into Miami, before winding its way through the Carolinas, up the east coast, and all the way into Massachusettes and Maine.

I arrived, I checked into the Southernmost Hotel and had lunch with the groom-to-be and a couple of his friends. Spent the remainder of the afternoon at the hotel's poolside bar. The awesome wedding was held at 6:30pm by the beach followed by dinner and reception at the Audubon House. Everyone had a good time in spite of the unbelieveably hot weather. After the reception, a bunch of us Wahoos went out to Sloppy Joe's Bar on the corner of Duval and Greene Streets. The name of the band was Arizona and they played two of my favorite songs in a row, Sweet Home Alabama, and Summer of '69. Not a bad way to end a terrific Saturday.

No comments: