Monday, July 11, 2005

AOL Communicator not working



Perhaps some of my old colleagues can help me out with this. I use a client called AOL Communicator on my desktop to send and receive my AOL and UNC email (on my IBM Thinkpad, I use Outlook Express 2003). AOL Communicator is really six different applications wrapped up in one, email, instant message, address book, etc. One applicantion is something called My AOL Today. When you run it, it comes on with a screen that looks like a screensaver, except it has an interactive menu with information such as news headlines, financial market quotes, sports scores, etc.

For a long while everytime I launch Communicator I would get an error message saying My AOL Today was not working, as though something is not syncing in the background. That message is no longer happening. Instead, I now get the screensaver-like screen coming on, but with no headlines (see picture above). My guess is that since there are no plans to upgrade Communicator or to incorporate it into the Copland strategy, the geniuses in charge have asked Studio@AOL to stop supporting My AOL Today with headline updates.

No comments: