Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Resurrecting Christ

One of our classmates' birthday was yesterday (Monday) and we had a little celebration last night (Monday) at La Residence on Rosemary Street. I struck up a conversation with a student I have never met before. He mentioned he bought a townhouse in Durham and has a female Kenan-Flagler student as as roommate. He jokingly suggested that he wanted to set me up on a date with her. I jovially said "terrific, as long as she has a nice personality, is smart, and is hopefully a Christian." (I didn't want to come across as shallow by asking "what does she look like?") 

He then asked me if I am a Christian, told me he's a atheist, and we spent the next 30 seconds talking about his religious background. It quickly dawned on me that I have gotten over the hump, I am at a point where I feel comfortable enough at my new surroundings that I can bring up Christ in a conversation without worrying that the sky would fall on me. 

He has risen indeed. (Wait, did I just use the word "hump" in the same sentence as the name "Christ?"

No comments: