Thursday, July 21, 2005

I swear it wasn't me this time

Some of my former co-workers, from both places where I have worked, will attest that I have a habit of falling asleep at meetings. But I have been pretty good about this since arriving at Kenan-Flagler. Yesterday, I blogged about an event I attended featuring recruiters from different companies. Not only did I not fall asleep, but I also took notes and tried to kiss up .... I mean network with the recruiter from Red Hat later on.

Earlier today an email was sent to all students currently attending the pre-MBA workshops at Kenan-Flagler. Full text of email follows:

Dear ASW II students,

 We hope you enjoyed Tuesday’s OCS session with the recruiter panel.

·        Next week’s session will be a panel of recent Kenan-Flagler alumni from different functions. The session will take place on Tuesday, July 26th from 1:20-2:40pm in Koury.

·        I noticed one person sleeping in yesterday’s session, and one of the recruiters told us afterwards that she had noticed three students who were asleep. Needless to say, this is unacceptable, and makes a very poor impression on recruiters. It also hurts your classmates, as future recruiting visits are jeopardized. Think of it from their point of view, and what you would think as a recruiter visiting a top business school.  

·        Laptops should not be open and cell phones should be turned off. This is the case for ANY session involving a visitor from a company. It is just common courtesy.

Most of you did a fantastic job yesterday following these guidelines. Unfortunately, the mishaps are what the recruiters remember once they leave campus. We are partners with you in trying to attract more companies to come to campus to recruit. Please help us in this effort by following simple common courtesy in the future.

Thank you.

The Office of Career Services Team

No comments: