Friday, July 22, 2005

Connecting with another Wahoo

On Wednesday, I wrote about driving by the hospital on my way to lunch and randomly seeing on the sidewalk a UVA cutie that was my year. In addition to her, there is one other Wahoo that was my year that I know of at UNC. Yesterday, I went to vsiit him.

This particular Wahoo was my year's class president and organizer of our class reunion. The last time I talked to him was during our class reunion two years ago, he said he got a job working at the UNC General Alumni Association. I went to his office last week to try to surprise him but his secretary told me he was on vacation. I went back today and she told me I just left for a meeting on another part of campus. So I waited outside, tried to pass the time by reading the Wall Street Journal and my finance textbook. I purposely sat at a bench facing away from the front door so that he would not see on his way in, and ruin the surprise.

About half an hour later, he walked by, didn't see me, and went straight into the Alumni Center. The plan was to give him five minutes to get settled in his office before I go in, have his secretary call and say "we have an alumni here asking for information about a reunion." But unfortunately, when he returned to his office, the secretary told him I was sitting at the bench outside waiting for him. He walked right out and surprised me!

No comments: