Thursday, July 7, 2005

My new best friend and confidant

Earlier this morning I met my new best friend that will be my companion for at least the next two years. He will help me with all my homework, projects, and assignments and I will trust him with all my deepest and darkest secrets .

It's my new IBM Thinkpad T43. I purchased it via Carolina Computing Initiatives, which subsidizes computer purchases for UNC students.  I did some price comparison over the web and it looks like I am getting a pretty good deal, especially since it comes with Microsoft Office, but I still feel $2097 is a bit much for a laptop. Perhaps the biggest advantage of buying it through CCI is that the Kenan-Flagler help desk will repair it for free if there are any problems. But then I have been told that Thinkpads last forever, so I don't know if this benefit will have any realistic value.

No comments: