Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Comparing notes at Panera Bread

Across the street from WB Yeats on Franklin Street is Panera Bread. The last time I went to Panera Bread was this past Saturday when I had their Boston clam chowder for the first time, clearly best chowder I have ever had. After yesterday's happy hour, I went to Panera only to find that they closed at 8pm.

We had a presentation today by our economics professor on how to use Solver, a non-Microsoft add-on functionality created for Excel. After the presentation I asked the girl that sat next to me if she wanted to join me for a trek to Panera. She initially said no, but as we were walking out of McColl, I mentioned it again and she decided to join me.

When we got there, I was disappointed to find out that they didn't have the Boston clam chowder. Me and this girl talked about our thoughts about and impressions of Kenan-Flagler over chicken noodle soup garden vegetable soup. Turns out we both applied to almost the same schools. She was accepted into the school I got rejected from, and chose UNC over that other school because she does not like its location, feels that its program is too finance concentrated, and thinks its career placement is too concentrated in the Northeast. She also applied to but got rejected from Yale without an interview.

The Paneras Bread location on Franklin Street has Wi-Fi and I will be sure to hang out there more often, especially on Fridays when they do have the Boston clam chowder. 

No comments: