Saturday, July 9, 2005

Dawna Clarke leaving Darden?

It's funny how most of the information I have about the happenings at Darden are based on rumors on the internets. This is one of those news items that is only of interest to those that are either applying or have applied to Darden. Someone who has been posting on the BW B-Schools forum as a rising second year at Darden mentioned that Dawna Clarke has accepted a position as Dean of Admissions at the Tuck School of Business (Dartmouth).

If this is true, this would explain why she's been out of town so often within the past month. I am a bit surprised she got the job offer, especially after she did such a  lousy with this past year's applicants. I am only saying she did not a lousy job not because I didn't get in (actually I didn't get rejected yet, I am just one out of only about thirty applicants out of an entire pool of close to twenty-five hundred that still has not received a decision) but because Darden was giving all indication back in April that it was having difficulty getting students to submit deposits and now it has an incoming class that is over-subscribed.

Prior to working at Darden, Dawna Clarke worked at the admissisons office (although I don't believe she was the director) at Kenan-Flagler

No comments: