Friday, July 8, 2005

Hush hush about Darden

If I get the call from Darden tomorrow, I would still choose Darden over Kenan-Flagler. However, for obvious reasons, I do not want to advertise that to my fellow classmates. So when I was at Chapel Hill earlier this week, I purposely refrained from telling anyone I am on Darden's wait list. But sometimes when the topic comes up and I am asked, it's hard for me to lie.

On Wednesday a bunch of us went to a happy hour at Pantana Bob's after our tour. I sat down at a table with two female students and we were talking about schools, why we chose Kenan-Flagler, etc. The conversation went something like this:

Student 1: So did you apply to Darden?

Me: Yea

Student 2: Well I am glad you chose Kenan-Flagler over Darden.

Me: Ahh ... actually the choice was never offered to me.

Student 2: You are much better off here.

Me: If the opportunity arises and I am offered the chance, I don't know what I would do.

Student 1: Oh so you're on the wait list? You have already moved here, you don't want to move a second time, do you?

Me: I don't move here until August, I am subletting in July and living out of a suit case.

Student 1 to Student 2: He's hedging his bet.

July 13, 2005 update: One of these students I now refer to on the blog as Marty.

No comments: