Thursday, July 7, 2005

Meeting foreign women

Business schools love to talk about the diversity of its students, not just ethnic diversity but diversity of folks from foreign ... oops I mean international countries. Earlier today I met this girl from Thailand, she tells me she is one of four girls from her native country. I impressed her by talking about my familiarity with Thai dishes, particularly drunken noodle, pad thai, and tom yung goan.

Then tonight I was talking to them and there was one other girl there, this one from Taiwan. We were talking about some stuff, I had some trouble understanding her. Then she asked me how long I have lived in this country and when I answered her, she asked me "so do you like American girls over Chinese girls?" 

I was a bit taken aback by her frankness, so were some of the other Thai girls in the audience. I simply said "oh I like them all, black, Latino, middle eastern, Asian, American-Indian."  Then later I had mentioned I have never been to Taiwan, and she said "oh if you want to come visit, I can be your host." (rolling my eyes)

There is yet another happy hour tonight at a bar called East End. I need to get some studying done and get some real food in my stomach before I start drinking yet again.

No comments: